Booking Secretary/Key Holder: Katrina Stannard, 07867844702
Brief History: This building was originally built as the Church Room in 1913, in memory of the Rev. T. H. Wilson. The land was donated by G Holt Wilson and the £717 required for the construction and fitting out was raised by public subscription and fund raising events. The Church Room was opened by the Archdeacon of Suffolk on the 11th December, 1913. From its opening and until 1993 the maintenance and running costs came from fund raising events and relied to a large extent on work undertaken by volunteers. In 1993 the Church Room became the Botesdale Village Hall when the Botesdale Parish Council assumed responsibility for it and signed a lease for 35 years as a tenant, paying an annual rent of £1. The Village Hall is now managed and administered by a Management Committee comprising representatives from 9 village organisations plus elected and co-opted members. An extensive fund raising and refurbishment programme followed and £83,597 was obtained from the National Lottery. The Village Hall was closed for 4 months whilst it was being refurbished and was re-opened by P. Holt Wilson on 14th December 1998, with modern facilities which include a new kitchen, new toilets with disabled access and a new meeting room.
Facilities: The main hall is 12.8m x 7.7m and can accommodate 100 people seated at tables, 160 people with seating only and 200 for standing/dancing. The stage is 4.8m x 4.3m and is equipped with Stage Lighting and Sound System, Dimmer Lights and an Audio Loop P.A. System. The well-equipped kitchen measures 5.5m x 2.4m and has a Hatch opening into the main hall. The meeting room is 6.4m x 4.4m. There is car parking space to the side and the front of the hall.